Get upskilled with a part-time Service Design course
Elevate your employment opportunities, transition into a new role or learn Service Design principles to apply to your business or career.
Learn from industry Service Design experts
As industry-leading practitioners, our instructors will teach you current and in-demand skills.
Work on a real-life problem
Build a portfolio piece and apply your theory to a real-life client project.
Connect with the industry
Be part of a community of industry influencers and expand your network with invaluable industry connections.
Learn amongst like-minded professionals
With capped class sizes, enjoy the unique perspectives and professional experiences of your classmates.
This course is for
- Anyone interested in learning about Service Design & applying it to their current or future career
- Anyone interested in applying strong Service Design skills to a business or startup
- Design, BA and IT professionals looking to transition into Service Design roles over time
- Students from a variety of professional backgrounds
There are no prerequisites required for this course – Express your interest today and simply turn up with passion, determination and a readiness to elevate your career with a dynamic new skillset.
Our alumni are working with some of the best
Complement Your CareerWhether you’re looking to upskill in Service Design or pivot into a new career, get industry-recognised skills at Academy Xi.
Get up close and personal with inspiring mentors
Put theory into practice with a hands-on project
Join a small sized class and learn in a community of go-getters
What you'll Learn
Request a syllabus todayGet a taste tester with our free course Syllabus. Express your interest and our friendly Course Advisors will send a copy of the syllabus your way!
This flexible part-time course will empower you with in-demand skills and techniques to ensure you’re more employable:
- Define and frame problem statements
- Understand user research techniques
- Create compelling Personas
- Explore the Business Model Canvas and other exploratory techniques
- Define and create Customer journeys and Experience maps
- Develop and create rapid experience prototypes
- Define and create Service Blueprints
- Define a minimal viable offering (MVO) and learn how to define business operating models
- Understand and apply best practices in Service Design
Senior Strategic and Service Designer
Service Designer at The City of Melbourne
Senior Service and Experience Design Lead at Telstra
Service Design Lead at DTA
Freelance Service Designer and Facilitator
Director of Design and Innovation at Innovation Union